Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2020

Day 45: New Jersey


Nice Commute


From Rehoboth, DE I decided to take the Ferry to Cape May, NJ. From the time I left the hotel to when I got to Cape May, I only saved about 30 minutes vs driving up and around, but I saved 170 miles and since it was a beautiful fall day with a flat calm sea, it was a nice ride.


Arriving in Cap May I drove around the town and went for a quick stroll through the town.  I’m used to Newark and the Garden State Parkway, Cape May was closer to looking like Key West then it was Newark, really a cute little town.


Next was Ocean City.  When I was living in Chicago and Michele was in Boston, I met her here for a night before I started a business trip though Pennsylvania and New Jersey. This was 36 years ago.  I found the place because I remembered my high school friend, Patty had worked at this hotel in college, which is how I heard the Ocean City was nice.  Patty remembered the name of the hotel and helped me find it again today.


After that, I drove to where I’m staying, just outside of Atlantic City.  I took a long walk on the famous boardwalk. The last time I was here was that same trip 36 years ago.  I remember then Atlantic City was looking a little tired. It doesn’t seem like there have been a whole lot of improvements in the last 36 years.


Song of the Day: Atlantic City, Bruce Springsteen


Book on Tape:  Hoot


Beer of the Day: Mosaic Man, Glasstown Brewing 

Total Miles: 75 











1 comment:

  1. Hi Nate: I start my day with a coffee and your blog. It's been entertaining, educational and inspiring. I'm not sure how you'll be able to top this trip. Thank you for sharing your travels with all of us.

    ReplyDelete