Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Day 44: Delaware

Time to get tested


I did a quick walk through downtown Annapolis, hoping to see some more of the harbor in the daylight. It was foggy and it started to rain so my time there was brief. I did see the gates to the US Naval Academy, but I figured I would have as much luck trying to see the grounds as I did at West Point, so I got on the road to Delaware.


Since I want to be able to hug my family, when I get home, I decided to see if I could get a Covid PCR test. I knew I would have time in Delaware today, so I looked on-line and found a place on my way to where I was going.  The website said I needed to make a reservation. I thought I would just drive there and see how long the wait would be.  I was pleasantly surprised to find I could get a test right away, at no cost.  The test was easy (I did the nasal swab myself) and I should have the results in 3-5 days.  If they do call me in a few days, then I have so much more confidence in our ability to get this under control.  A quick and no cost option to test anybody is what we need.  The last PCR test I took was in Lawrence, MA.  It also was no charge, but I waited for 2 hours in my car to get the test. I also have noticed in the last two days in Delaware and Maryland there is much more mask compliance, even outside when socially distancing. I really think that the states that got hit early and hard, are much more compliant these days.


My next stop was in Lewes. A cute little town that I walked though before heading to the Henlopen State Park, which has beautiful beaches.  From there I headed south to Rehoboth, where I am staying for the night.  Rehoboth is much more developed then Lewes, but after a nice lunch at Dogfish Head Brewery I walked along the boardwalk, which is nice, and the beaches look good too. At this time of year, it’s busy, but not crazy.


Song of the Day: Table for One, Courtney Marie Andrews. My friend Rocchio, sent me this song, it’s fitting for this trip and especially today, when they sat just me at a table for 8.


Book on Tape:  Started Hoot, Carl Hiaasen. Time for something light


Beer of the Day: Hazy Ripple IPA, DogFish Head Distilling


Total Miles: 120






No comments:

Post a Comment