Pages

Monday, September 20, 2021

 The Maritime Provinces

Day 1: Bangor Maine:


On the road again


I can't stay off the road. Since I finished my 48 states in 48 days trip last year, I have driven to Colorado and back twice and to South Carolina once. Today I hit the road again for a brief 4-day trip to the Canadian Maritime provinces.


My day started by getting a covid test (which I need, in addition to my vaccination card, to enter Canada) After a dentist appointment, that I didn't want push out, I hit the road heading to Maine for my first overnight.

I like Symmetry so my first night destination was Bangor Maine, same as last year.  However, since I had the time and wanted to go a slightly different route I got off the highway in Portland Maine and headed up route 1 to Camden Maine, before heading north to Bangor. Like last year, the weather was beautiful, and the coast of Maine never disappoints. Below are a couple of pictures from my trip.


For dinner, I found the same restaurant that I went to last year and ordered the same dish - pork ramen noodles.  This year I got to eat inside at the bar, rather than do take out, so I'm happy that hopefully the worst of covid is behind us and things can back to the new normal.  Still a lot of people wearing masks here in Maine, but it's a different feel – more of on an option vs. people being reckless not wearing them a year ago.


Podcast of the Day: Still listening to Smartless: Today was Tiffany Haddish - really cool story of a women who went from sleeping in her car, to Saturday Night Live, to planning on opening a Grocery Store in South Central LA, to help the people that have nowhere to buy decent food.


Song of the Day: Coastline: Hollow Coves ( I looked on Spotify for something to do with Maine)


Beer of the Day: Bangor Beer (Same as last year) this time a brew called 10-2.








No comments:

Post a Comment