Pages

Friday, October 15, 2021

 Day 4 Yosemite.

“The Whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land” -Gilbert K. Chesterton.  This quote is in the travel book I have used the most – 1,000 Places to See Before you Die, in the United States & Canada.  Today I managed to check off a big one on my must-see list, Yosemite National Park.


First, I grabbed breakfast at a little café near my hotel. I noticed the two other people in the café were both young and fit, wearing Lycra – must be climbers. Last night the other people at dinner were my age, not so fit, wearing clothes with lots of pockets – I think they were fisherman. At any rate I drove through the park from east to west, ending up at the Base of El Capitan. Fortunately, my sister’s husband recommended I bring binoculars. I was standing at the base, and I couldn’t see any climbers, but I could hear them, using the binoculars, I was able to find them about ½ way the face. I didn’t have time to see all the sites in the park, but the drive through was a bout 3 hours long, so I got a good feel for the park.


This is the end of the trip, I am meeting a grade school friend and a junior high school friend for dinner tonight, so a good end to really good trip.  I still have the feeling of being excited to see what’s new every day when I travel through this country, I guess when that feeling end, it’s time to stop travelling.






1 comment:

  1. Thank you for keeping up with this Blog. Always fun to read and see pictures, instead of just asking "how was your trip"?

    ReplyDelete